Thursday, 16 April 2015

My Spring Garden

I love my garden - but things have been getting in the way...until now.  I have a potting shed full of seedlings and I have been doing the most important thing that you can do in a garden (sorry, my blog, my logic ;) - I have been enjoying it. These pics are of me lying in the garden with my camera watching clouds and taking snaps.

Thanks to the lovely Annie at Mammasaurus for inspiration and linky (OMG saw the first edit and it had auto-edited linky to thanking for a 'kinky') I will add her badge the moment my computer behaves and lets me copy the code. Got it, finally 
How Does Your Garden Grow

Wednesday, 15 April 2015


Open the windows, open the doors: spring is springing. Daffodils and crocuses have finally given way to primroses and we are ready for long days playing outside.

Hello primrose, it is great to see you again!

Inspired by the sticky fingers blog - click on the gallery icon to the right to see more. Xx

Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Being Mum!

Mothers do suffer from the remit of their role particularly now, with the lack of strong extended families, the mother role is confined to one sole person.

With friends we can have a tribe to fulfil our needs (and more often than not our desires that are wickedly at odds with our needs). We all know a glamorous adventurer who sweeps us into her spell then benignly disappears when the drama of our heartache subsides to the sobs of breakdown, leaving us to by comforted by the Earth Mother whose divine glow is outshone by temporary excitement.

When finding life partners we flounder in the same way - trying to find one person to fulfil all our needs. As Jerry Hall memorably boasted 'it is simple to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom,' only to be usurped by a younger model.

Mothers are further doomed by our training for the role: by none other than the often worst equipped of all, our very own supporters and nemeses, our mothers! Since the 1950s there is an academic school of thought that all parents are primed to fail and the best that they can hope to achieve is to be 'good enough'. I guess all we can do is come to terms with our mothers strengths as well as flaws, the f*** ups they generously bestow on us and try to remember how amazing we really are, so we can minimise the collateral damage to our future lives.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Sunday, 11 January 2015

My Photo Sunday

This week I was meant to get back to work and sort myself and chaos cottage. Getting ready for the first day of preschool and the Dino Boy vomited all over me. New Year plans on hold for a week, and time to enjoy the moment.

Look at my happy boys - a happy week, but not as planned.

This is the first time I have found @onedad3girls thingy (I am a failed blogger I don't know the terminology) so love the prompt to get me blogging. I have only been dabbling for a few years, maybe one day I will get the hang of it. Anyway, thanks for the prompt. Xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Fairy Party Part 2

Erm ...back in 2012 I wrote that this was iminent. Blogging fail!

Why now? I was hunting out some graphics and remembered I had posted some images and then reread the post and remembered my promise for a part two.

Part one got as far as preparations, so here are some easy to copy graphic ideas - and the clues from our treasure hunt...

We started with the treasure map, each book starts with a map with the fairyland palace and Jack Frost's castle, so that is where our trail started too. The rules were that after each piece of treasure was found we reassembled and worked out the next clue together. Ryhmes were important as was keeping it simple, literary tendancies will have to wait ;)

Fortunately we are members at Costco and they always seem to sell the big box of Rainbow Fairies books for under a tenner, so with a few pencils, rubbers and bouncy balls we had some very good prizes with minimal tat and no further need for party bags.


 The pesky fairies from the school in ***ley,
At the magic cottage are playing happily,
I will teach that Pickle the Birthday Fairy,
Jack Frost can be really cross and scary,
I'll take her special fairy book 
And hide bits where they will not look 
I glued a 'book cover' from the invitation onto card and then cut it up like a jigsaw as 
in every book Jack Frost seems to break things that need finding. We hid the pieces in the 
garden to be found and assembled.
 4 x 3 or 6 x 2,
Solve this sum and find this clue!  (We have a number 12 bus) 
 Fairies are not the only ones with wings,
They kindly give us breakfast things! 
 You saw these when you just arrived,
'enchanted' is how they are described 
 When the Sun and rain join together,
There will be a pot with a prize for the clever 
(we had a large picture of a rainbow in the gazebo)

At some point I cant remember which we had to find goblins hiding in the garden, but here they are.