Monday 7 February 2011

This is next...

The last fertility blog I said that I was preparing for the next step towards IVF before even waiting for the results of our last attempts. How wrong could I be? That time we hit the jackpot. Yes, I am pregnant! YIPEEEEEE!

The first few weeks were characterised by mild paranoia that  I would miscarry again then I was then overtaken by the most fundamental exhaustion. Morning sickness? Well, constant nausea followed by a full on room spinning queasiness at bed time is a better description. Don't get me wrong, this is not a problem. These are symptoms of a healthy pregnancy, after the wait, I am more aware of my luck to be up the duff than I am concerned about the side effects.

After sharing so much about about the journey towards fertility I all but abandoned blogging. It was too soon to spill the beans with my patchy luck when it came to pregnancies. I was so low on energy, while both over joyed and a little scared - but all I could discuss on twitter was the physical exhaustion.

I also felt quite a fraud as I when wrote the last fertility  blog when I already knew that I was pregnant. But, this is a long and on going journey - and this pregnancy has only just begun. I hope that this can give hope to anyone who has been struggling to conceive - after 4 1/2 years I'm finally pregnant and I am totally over the moon! Thanks for sharing the journey with me. xx

4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post, congratulations to you!
    so a new baby and a new work project?
    best wishes for both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've just come to your blog after your lovely comment on mine - what a lovely first post to read! Congratulations! Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what think, so leave me a comment. Thanks!